Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Fantastic End to October!

From the desk of Leah Calnan, Director of Metro Property Management…

The last week of October was a very exciting one! For one I was very proud to win the REIV Residential Property Manager of the Year 2010 Award at the 17th Annual REIV Gala Awards held at the Crown Palladium Ballroom. It was so very nice to have many of my team attend and share in my joy. I was very shocked to say the least. I was up against some tough competition and to win was such an honor and a fantastic reward for all of the hard work my team and I put into our business. The REIV tell me that this year there were a record number of entries which makes the win all the more special and it helps my team and I feel like we are doing something right. The congratulations from our colleagues and clients have been overwhelming!

In other news I was approached a few months ago for some comments for an article in the “First Property Buyer” Magazine, this is a relatively new magazine and was first brought to my attention at the Home Buyer and Investor Show that we attended a few months ago. Now in it’s 4th issue this is a magazine that is full of interesting information for those purchasing their first property either to live in or to lease out as the magazine not only targets those who have never purchased before but also those who have never been a property investor before . I was asked to make some comments &/or offer advice for an article called “Hired Help” which discussed the reality’s of becoming a landlord, the benefits of assigning a Property Manager to care for your investment, the costs involved and how to find the best Property Manager.

The article is a great read and it was fantastic to have the opportunity to inform the first time investors out there about the benefits of a great Property Manager. (The article “Hired Help” can be found in the “First Property Buyers” Magazine - November 2010 issue on Pages 63-65) For more interesting reading and information on the magazine visit their website http://www.firstpropertybuyer.com.au/

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment